Photos will be displayed at the Elkhart County Historical Museum (304 W. Vistula Street in Bristol, IN) from 10:00, 20 Jan thru closing on Friday the 26th. It looks like the hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
We plan to go Saturday morning. Maybe I will see you there!
I wanted to try an experiment. I took a good pizza crust we like and a dutch oven bread we like and combined them. All the measurements are approximate 🙂
- A little less than 5 cups flour
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 Tbl yeast
- 2 Tbl oil
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Mixed all together.
- Knead dough well.
- Let rise in greased bowl till doubled.
- Preheat a dutch oven in the stove at 450.
- Carefully put dough in dutch oven and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes with the lid and then take lid off for the last ten minutes or until bread is golden.
- The bread will sound hollow when done.
- Cool before cutting
I think I would like it a little fluffer. So next time I would punch the bread down and let it rise again when I preheated the oven. Another thing I will try is shredding cheese to put in it.
We find a recipe for caramel apples today. Next time we will try the other one we found.
I helped make breakfast one day. We cracked about 500 eggs! I also helped make chicken, mashed pototoes and helped serve for other meals.
A few years ago, I got to help Auntie Kristi bake too. She is still silly!