I am so happy, school is open again and I can go to the second year of Culinary Arts! I have a very small class this year, only six of us.
Today, we made this recipe from Chef Margarita. The goal was to show how important it is to follow an exact recipe. My teacher said usually when she has people do this recipe, she has some people who make something that look like fudge, and some something that looks like granola. Everybody in my class (all four of us) made them look pretty much the same.
- 3 dribbles of light corn syrup
- 2 scoops brown sugar
- 1/2 dit dot salt
- 1 large blib peanut butter
- 5 blobs crisp rice cereal
- 2 handful cornflakes, slightly crushed
- 5 smidgeons semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 itsy-bits vanilla
- Boil corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat.
- Add cereals, chocolate pieces, and vanilla.
- Glump into a pan and let stand on counter or chill in the refrigerator.
I had a good day baking today. Hope to make more good things soon.