I wanted to try an experiment. I took a good pizza crust we like and a dutch oven bread we like and combined them. All the measurements are approximate 🙂
- A little less than 5 cups flour
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 Tbl yeast
- 2 Tbl oil
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Mixed all together.
- Knead dough well.
- Let rise in greased bowl till doubled.
- Preheat a dutch oven in the stove at 450.
- Carefully put dough in dutch oven and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes with the lid and then take lid off for the last ten minutes or until bread is golden.
- The bread will sound hollow when done.
- Cool before cutting
I think I would like it a little fluffer. So next time I would punch the bread down and let it rise again when I preheated the oven. Another thing I will try is shredding cheese to put in it.