Grandpa loaned me great Grandma’s pizzelle maker. I made some cookies and ice cream cones.
Here is the recipe:
- 3 large eggs (optional: 4 eggs for a thinner batter)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla (anise, almond extract or another flavor you like)
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa (if you want chocolate cookies.Â Might need 1/4 cup extra sugar)
- Finely chopped nuts (optional)
Beat eggs and sugar until light yellow.Â Add butter and vanilla, beat until blended.Â Sift together flour and baking powder (and cocoa).Â Fold into butter mixture.Â If using nuts, sprinkle on top of dough before closing iron.
Optional:Â Use orange peel or extract instead of vanilla and add 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to batter before baking.
Bake on pizzelle iron as directed.