IÂ learned how to kayak. One of our friends invited us to go kayaking with her and her grandpa. Â It was kind of like canoeing. It was lots of fun.
I learned how toÂ cureÂ alpaca fiber. Â I had fun experimenting. Now I wantÂ to learn how to put sparklesÂ in the fiber.
You will need:
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 2 1/2 cup washedÂ fiber
- 1 pkg kool-aid (or more depending on color)
Steam water (don’t boil!), pour inÂ kool-aid and citric acidÂ andÂ stir. Place fiber in push downÂ and simmer for 30 min or till water is clear.Â Strain, DO NOT PUSH DOWN!– you do not want to felt it. Let dry on rack.
Saturday, Sept 26 at 12:00p Home game at Nibco
Sunday, Sept 27 at 4:30p Away game at Newton Park (Plymouth)
Thursday, Oct 15 at 6:30p Home game at Nibco
Saturday, Oct 17 at 2:00p Away Game (I don’t know where it is)
Sunday, Oct 18 at 5:00p Home game at Nibco
Sunday, Oct 25 at 4:00p at Goshen Memorial Park 3
We are having a gorp making contest. Gorp stands for Good Old Raisins and Peanuts.Â But you can use any dried fruits and nuts that you want.Â The rules were we had to make up our own recipe, or improve an existing one.Â We also had to have the ingredients in the house.Â What would you put in your gorp? Which entryÂ do you think would be the best?
Megan’s M & M Gorp:
- 1/4 cup Cherries
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Pomegranate (optional, but makes it extra good)
Andrea’s Favorite Gorp (Formulated to perfection 12 May 2014)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (or use all cashews)
- 1.5 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup yogurt raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup M&M’s
Mark’s Lazy Man’s Gorp;
- One bag of Chocolate Pomegranate
- One Nutty Big Brother
Adrian’s Dried Banana Gorp (Adapted from a recipe invented by Megan 2014)
- 2 cups Peanut Butter M&M’s
- 2 cups dried crunchy bananas
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate yogurt raisins
Audrey’s Nutty Monkey Gorp
- 3 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 cups M&M’s
Momma’s Chocolate Cherry Almond Gorp
- Lightly chopped cocoa nibs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 4 cups raw almonds soaked overnight, drained, mixed with nibs and sugar and dehydrated till dry.
- 1 cup dried tart cherries-unsweetened best if you can find them!